Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's Words Words and more of 'em

Some people are fascinated by jewellery, others by cars. Some collect watches, others collect shoes. Some get high on alcohol, others on fame. I have one fascination and obsession, something that I hoard greedily, and guard jealously - words. I just love words. I get high on words. When I read a book, I don't mind keeping the Oxford dictionary next to me and looking up every single word that I don't know on every single page.
Welcome to my world. I'm going to let you have more than just a sneak peak into the world I love. Not just new and unfamiliar words, but words that we everyday use and sometimes misuse. I'm not going to talk about "prepositions" and "adverbs" and drive you away (errmm.. even I don't know what these are :) ), but just some ways of using words which you already know, and some words that are waiting to be discovered by you. Hope you find it interesting and in some way useful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment